Rural fire insurance

Everyone who works, lives on or uses rural land should consider whether they need insurance.

Fires can cause financial and material losses to you, your family and your business. If a fire starts on your property, you might also be liable for other people's damages.

Insurance may protect you against any of these potential fire-related costs, losses and liabilities.

There are two different types of rural fire insurance available: 

  • Loss and replacement of property from fire: Covers the loss and replacement of your property in the event of a fire. This includes your house, household effects, other buildings, vehicles, plant and machinery, forests, and crops.
  • Public liability insurance: Covers the cost of damage and loss to a third party from anything that escapes from your property and damages other people's property (including fire).

Talk to your insurance company or to an insurance broker for more information.